This role can be based in NYC or Chicago
The Web/Broadcast Engineer and Multimedia Services Director is responsible for the development, implementation and management of multimedia internet communications (webcasts/webinars), post-production of videos and photography products throughout the organization. The primary focus is on NielsenIQ Marketing with support of the NielsenIQ executive level but also in support of other business areas.
- Plan, estimate, research, develop, and coordinate the design, production, and implementation of security compliant web/broadcasts and analytics (e.g. town halls and corporate webcasts), corporate webinars, some video records and edits and photography. Occasionally support offsite webcasts or meetings, interfacing with the staging production team at large events. NielsenIQ is a new entity and as such will require a leader who is prepared to build these capabilities from scratch with a start-up attitude in a corporate environment.
- Manage the deliverables budget to ensure quality in a cost effective manner.
- Coach and advise Marketing and other internal clients and team members on state of the art broadcast and video technologies and techniques.
- Coordinate with internal and external leadership to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.Work independently or in collaboration with leadership and client teams.
- Consistently apply and maintain existing standards and procedures of online broadcast, video, and photography products to ensure that the deliverables are of high quality and meet client needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive systems as well as applicable industry trends that would affect the web/broadcast, video and photography products.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and contractors. Negotiate pricing and contracts with outside vendors to obtain the best financial outcome on broadcast, video and photography projects.
- Support posting to various internal and external websites when necessary.
- Utilize the most effective/appropriate, software/networking tools and development techniques.
- Research and gather complex content from multiple sources including, but not limited to, technical documentation, user requirements, and interviews with all levels of subject matter experts throughout and across business units.
- Budget Responsibility: Yes
- Other factors indicating size/complexity of role: Impact to the NielsenIQ businesses is significant as we ask associates to allocate a large number of productivity man hours to viewing the product as a captive audience.
- This position requires education in multimedia streaming/broadcasts or equivalent knowledge and experience as well as an advanced understanding of audio and video playback, broadcast, video and photography production, back office, networking and server technologies. Candidate will not be walking into a developed system but will be developing and launching it both from scratch and in conjunction with the NYC studio.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of the latest web/broadcast solutions, video and photography standards, networking trends, streaming/webcasting protocols and industry innovations.
- In addition to handling all webcasts/broadcasts/streaming engineering and gear, candidate will be able to execute some video and audio editing, managing assets, developing showflows and interacting with internal clients and executive presenters. This role is technical behind the scenes, but also requires interaction with leadership.
- Candidate will also work with TD/video engineer to support off site, department supported conferences.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and rapidly redirect resources in response to changes in executive priorities.
- Effective oral presentation skills and excellent written communication skills
- High comfort level with presenting complex ideas in an easy to understand way, recognizing that most of the people you are working with will have far less technical experience.
- Proficiency with software used in the development of broadcast, video, photography, web site, web-based and back office applications.
- Proficiency with basic graphic design, photography, voice-over, camera operations (SD, HD, 4k), visual lighting techniques and some set design.
- Ability to engineer and integrate into large scale off-site events to broadcast internally worldwide.
- Proficiency in video storyboarding, script writing/prompting, including pre-production rehearsals, including all necessary production elements for a professional video product.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.