This is a technically rewarding and important role within NEP UK Engineering. The VT & Server Engineer will work on a range of NEP projects with an emphasis on the deployment of large EVS, edit and server-based systems.
You will work with our IP, UHD and HD outside broadcast trucks, fly-pack systems and Broadcast Centre facilities.
You will play a pivotal role as part of a team, utilising our diverse and scalable combinations of traditional, remote, centralised and cloud-based workflow, capturing, recording, broadcasting and streaming high quality content for our prestigious client base. This will be enabled by NEP broadcast centres, data centres, venue kits, truck and flypack facilities, not just in the UK but around the world.
Whilst your primary deployments will be with our facilities in the UK, applicants must be willing and prepared to travel internationally.
- Design, install and configure NEP UK’s EVS workflow solutions, encompassing ingest and edit integration.
- Be part of a team responsible for the maintenance, update, and future direction of our current EVS systems, working to facilitate UHD and HDR workflows.
- Be a primary point of contact on-site and first line support for EVS workflow solutions, providing exceptional client service and technical support, working in tandem with the Technical Project Manager(s), Sound Engineers, and all other crew members.
- Key team member related to the operation of the fly-packs, trucks and broadcast facilities. Work with colleagues towards a common goal, foster a One Team mentality both on-site and at base.
- Build fly-pack systems with the support of our Senior Engineering Team from a client specification.
- Follow-up faults and assist in the maintenance of our facilities.
- First-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast and AV audio and video equipment; minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds
- HND level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline;
- Vocational qualification in a media technology field; or
- Evidence of suitable in work learning and development, complimented with relevant practical and theoretical training
- Knowledge of EVS workflows as well as general video systems and outside broadcast truck / fly-pack workflow is key.
- Knowledge of vision mixers & hybrid routing systems is preferable.
- Knowledge and experience of working with UHD and IP technology is preferential.
- Understanding of the workflows and practices required by major UK broadcasters (BBC / ITV / Sky) preferable.
- Good fault-finding skills.
- Prior experience working in a role as a Broadcast Engineer (typically ~3-years work experience).
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
To apply for this job please visit nepgroup.zohorecruit.com.