We are seeking a talented Vision Engineer to join our Projects Engineering team. Based primarily in our Watford office, the Vision Engineer will be required to travel globally as required by the projects department. The Visions Engineer will have a keen interest in broadcasting technology and the ability to work effectively with varying groups of people.
Gravity Media’s Engineering department delivers on our customer requirements by ensuring we are at the top of our game with the adoption of new and emerging technologies, and ensure client projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• To work as part of a crew to install temporary broadcast systems following technical documentation
• Guarantee the smooth running and reliability of the equipment, whilst maintaining a professional service to clients
• Configure and operate a wide range of video, audio and computing equipment
• Design and configure networked control systems
• Integrate tally networks, multiviewers and video switcher, programs include VSM, Aurora & Tallyman
• Configure video matrix and switchers, manufacturers include Sony, SAM and Grassvalley
• Identify and resolve faults within live systems with minimal interruption to the program’s production
• Communicate in a professional manner, directly with production staff to facilitate their production needs
Office Based Requirements
• Undertake general routine maintenance and planned work
• Prepare and test equipment prior to its shipping date
• Work closely with the Assets team to prepare equipment, ensuring it is available to project account managers and the rental department.
• Assist in the planning of projects to fulfil the requirements set by the client
• Research and source ‘equipment solutions’ to client needs if there is no solution available in stock
• Assist in the preparation of equipment according to technical project documentation
• Identify and repair faulty equipment
• Remain up-to-date with evolving technology and process through continuous self-learning and professional development
• Previous experience working with outside broadcasting facilities/equipment
• Experience of working in networked environments
• Project planning and generation of technical documentation
• An understanding of emerging IP standards and technology
• Programming of broadcast control systems including – video /audio routing, GPIO and tally systems • Experience in CAD and Visio. If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
To apply for this job please visit www.gravitymedia.com.