Gravity Media is seeking a Video Operator that will be responsible for the provision of content production support services for live to tape which includes, project preparation the installation, programming, and maintenance of production and broadcast equipment and related IT and IP hardware.
The Video Operator will work closely with the Technical service Manager and the Stage Manager, and the rest of the Gravity Media ecosystem to assist in maintain the quality in the video production.
- Perform installation, maintenance and repair of broadcast and IT equipment in outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
- Perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical and operational problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
- Work with Operations staff to ensure the proper execution and delivery of projects.
- Program broadcast gear (includes routers, switchers, mixers, CG, GFX, communications, etc.)
- Provide technical reports and general status for each project.
- Serve as primary point of client contact in post-sale environment.
- Maintain knowledge of technology trends, standards, and methodologies along with emerging technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of minimum video experience in a studio environment or news preferably.
- Education or training in TV production or computer platforms, IP/IT technologies
- Production support of live and recorded programming requires thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
- Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers)
- Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation, server-based playback and transmission systems, etc.)
- Experience with TV associated transmission technologies and systems (encoder, decoder encryption)
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
- Possess manufacturer-provided broadcast training from SONY, Calrec, Omneon/Harmonic, EVERTZ, Imagine, etc.
- SBE CEV, CBTE and/or CEV certification(s)
- Microsoft MCITP, CompTIA A+ or CCNA certification(s)
- Familiarity with Autocad, Vizio and/or MS-Project desired
- Familiarity with ITSM Service Management process desired
- Superior communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with team members, non-technical persons and customers. He/she should be good at conveying concepts/ideas and explaining things in an easy to comprehend manner.
- Excellent soldering skills
- Self-motivated & Resourceful – Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems
- Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
- Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop
- Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push or pull up to 25 pounds
To apply for this job please visit www.gravitymedia.com.