Responsible for directing and coordinating the activities supporting Comcast’s West Division Video Delivery infrastructure. Manage projects, deployments, and advise upon the design of the core video network elements. Bring your process-oriented mindset to solve challenges with end-to-end distribution of broadcast video, IPTV streaming, and video content delivery networks. Apply your project engineering skills and understanding of large-scale operations, video delivery architecture, and signal processing systems. Lead technical projects through collaboration and communication to drive accountability and deliverables.
- Highly proficient at collaborative and virtual working environments
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for deployment projects
- Supports lead video engineers with the architecture, design, development, qualification, and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps
- Functional understanding of digital video, encoding, compression, transcoding, multiplexing, trending, and troubleshooting of video delivery infrastructure and associated elements
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems, or procedures
- Ability to cross boundaries and lead by influence
- Provides leadership and consultative direction to the organization, department, and group
- Fundamental understanding of budgets, P&L, growth, revenue, and cost
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects and teams.
- Ability to understand and communicate the What, Why, and How of a project or technology.
- Drive accountability and deliverables
Ability to analyze challenges, problems, and process breakdowns which drive operational efficiency by using data, logic, and technical acumen in making decisions
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call-backs, and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.comcast.com.