DAZN’s Transmission Team Leaders are the main point of contact within the live Transmission Suite. Working to a shift pattern in line with DAZNs busy sports schedule, they supervise its team of talented Transmission Controllers as they deliver a broad spectrum of premium sports rights across its OTT and Linear services, including UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Serie A, Bundesliga, Premier League, Japan’s J League, Formula 1, Moto GP, NFL and many fight sports.
DAZN is like no other sports broadcaster. It delivers live sport at high volume and at pace, globally. It’s an incredibly exciting environment – and while DAZN continues to grow as a product, the successful candidate will find themselves in a position to influence change.
Team Leaders are exactly that, they lead by nature – but they are also independent problem solvers and team players. This is a line management role, and in addition to the delivery of live, you will also be responsible for your own team of Transmission Controllers, who you will both mentor and support as their careers develop.
Reporting the Head of Transmission within a group of Team Leaders, you will also work alongside MCR and Bookings teams, and with regional Production teams, to plan and coordinate DAZNs live events. You will enjoy and also thrive when working in a live environment. DAZN is constantly evolving, and TX, being the sharp end of the business, plays a significant part in its success.
If the opportunity to be involved in this exciting company interests you, we’d really like to hear from you.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Line manage a team of Transmission Controllers
- Lead the delivery of live transmission operations for DAZN.
- Ensure all transmission bookings for each day are correct and confirmed.
- Manage working practices within transmission
- Keep operational procedures updates
- Incident management and reporting
- Identify operational procedures that need to be addressed, resolved or improved and contribute to resolving or escalating where appropriate.
- Mentoring and supporting TC’s on shift.
- Involved with recruitment when required.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Solid years experience working in a busy, live, transmission environment preferably in live sports, with experience of leading/managing a team.
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of traditional broadcast principles.
- An understanding of broadcast technology, varied transmission platforms, linear and IP protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities
- A good team player that is also self motivated and driven to succeed.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of broadcast rules and regulations and compliance requirements.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge and experience with Grass Valley Morpheus Automation System
- Knowledge and experience with Playbox Airbox Automation System
- Knowledge and experience with Dataminer
- Familiar with Media Genix What’s On planning system
- Microsoft Office, Teams and general software skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.