The Technical Management team work across a broad range of Sky’s state-of-the-art studio facilities and systems as the technical leads ensuring effective and efficient delivery of all programming produced through the resources of Sky Production Services
What you’ll do:
- On the day production technical ownership, ensuring our clients feel confident you are the go-to technical person on the production. Across all crafts, manage any changes or problems that occur and facilitate successful production completion, guaranteeing all client requirements are met
- Provide 1st line technical support acting as the key point of contact for incidents affecting studio operations across all crafts and escalating as necessary
- Working knowledge across all technical areas: galleries, studios, automation, enhanced control rooms, remote and virtual production systems.
- Ensure the gallery, systems and studio are technically fit for purpose
- Routing of internal and external sources as well as liaison with other technical areas
- Ensure all positions are manned and all equipment and facilities are checked out and ready beforehand
- Responsible for the technical quality of the signal being recorded or broadcast (use various measuring devices and displays to ensure quality control)
- Vision Control duties – matching the exposure and colour balance of the cameras (“Racking”)
- Liaise with remote onsite support to establish and identify circuits across remote productions
- Responsible for floor vision monitoring, in vision monitoring, projection systems, vision signal path management and first line maintenance procedures and escalation.
- Maintain and develop appropriate comprehensive technical documentation
- Through pre-planning and preparation, certify extensive knowledge of client technical production brief and requirements on your productions
What you’ll bring:
- Highly motivated, with a dedication to continuous self-improvement.
- A strong work ethic, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent communicator who can demonstrate resilience under pressure
- Well informed and up to date on broadcast developments and production processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of technical studio processes and equipment in production environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of broadcast technical equipment
- Experience of remote production workflows
- Experience of cloud-based workflows and interfaces
- A practical understanding of all related fields in live and studio TV production
- Excellent client facing skills
- Be able to step into any studio environment on events and issues affecting technical operations
To apply for this job please visit bskyb.taleo.net.