Do you consider yourself a Broadcast techie who loves being in the heart of the live action? As Technical Operations Manager in DAZN’s WTA Media team, this could be the perfect chance to combine arranging all technical aspects of Live Sports Broadcasting, Data Integration, managing on-site operations and working with the Technical Director to oversee live productions all over the world! If you share our passion for sports broadcasting and love bringing these events to life then read on!
WTA Media is a joint venture between DAZN, the world’s fastest growing sports streaming service and the WTA, the organising body of women’s professional tennis. WTA Media owns the International broadcast rights and distributes all main draw singles matches. In this role, you will be supported by our Technical Director to have the opportunity to help kick off the planning for the 2021 season and travel extensively to support the Host Broadcast commitments of over half of the tournaments.
So, if you are keen to use your experience working on outside broadcasts with your technical understanding in production and distribution and are ready to pack your bags and hit the road to travel to all corners of the globe then get in touch to find out how a role in DAZN’s WTA media team could take your career to the next level!
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Report to and work closely with the Technical Director for WTA
- Travel globally to support on site tournaments and events, roughly two tournaments a month
- Plan and report International Host Broadcast events
- Oversee on-site clients
- Support the WTA Media team with technical requirements
- Manage connectivity between traditional broadcasting and the remote world.
- Document all production planning by creating technical requirements, site survey reports, workflow schematics, on-site reports and business plans
- Communicate across technical and non-technical stakeholders and third parties
- Manage the low latency feed for betting clients from on-site tournaments
- Onsite Management of Live scoring feeds
- Deliver and implement Data specifications for all WTA events
- Supervising and working with Data provider
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL HELP IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Live Sport Broadcast background as either an engineer or within production.
- Technical understanding of how Live Outside Broadcasting is setup with both Fly packs and Outside broadcast vehicles.
- Understanding of electricity and power usage practises.
- Knowledge of Internet connectivity and network setups in live production.
- Understanding of data and its integration within live production models and how data moves from point A to point B.
- A strong knowledge of audio and video paths from end to end, both streaming and linear.
- Broadcast transmission understanding both fibre and satellite.
- Adaptability and examples of previous experiences in troubleshooting live production
To apply for this job please visit careers.dazn.com.