TWD & Associates
Technical Director assures continuous delivery of services at our client’s Broadcast Operations Center at the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) located in Washington, DC. The Broadcast Operations Center delivers news, information, training and employee development programs to all HUD employees nationwide.
The Broadcast Operations Center provides services Monday through Friday between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm; Flexible and compressed work schedules are available. The work hours may be adjusted by the Program Manager (PPM) based on Department needs and scheduled events.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide management support and supervision to ensure the team works together.
- Act as a management liaison between contracted personnel and Program Manager.
- Provides day-to-day management of contracted staff.
- Act as a crew chief making sure all positions are manned and all equipment and facilities checked out and ready before recording session or live broadcast begins.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Work closely with the Program Manager and notify about any problems encountered and scheduled service outages and repairs.
- Provide continual evaluations of the state of the Broadcast Operations Center.
- Prepare estimates for engineering services to bring the center to current broadcast and webcast standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of experience in the broadcast television environment
- Min. five (5) years of progressively responsible experience produce and direct live to air or live to type multi-camera broadcast event
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of TV operations and engineering; knowledgeable of different equipment in equipment used in the production facility, production techniques and terminology
- Proficiency with computer-based applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Outlook and Microsoft Project)
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, patience, flexibility and a customer-service attitude
To apply for this job please visit www.executiveplacements.com.