Dejero helps organizations send mission-critical live video and real-time data around the globe. We help journalists report the news that keeps us informed. We help meteorologists alert us to extreme weather events. And we help emergency responders coordinate their efforts to save lives. We’re solving the connectivity challenges of mobile workforces and organizations with branch locations.
We love challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too, it’s all part of our award-winning culture.
We are looking for a strong technical self-starter with a “can-do” attitude to join our Waterloo, ON team as a Technical Account Manager. Someone who pays close attention to their customers, is comfortable in the broadcast space and with satellite technology, drives best support practices, gets pumped about working with customers face to face or remote, likes digging into details to deliver consistent service levels and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Recommend products, technical architecture, and operational best practices.
- Gather market and customer requirements based on ongoing customer visits.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers and field sales in creation of customer proposals (including RFP/RFI).
- Work closely with your team on priorities to ensure regional financial targets are met.
- Monitor various systems, portals and databases to track customer activities and progress.
- Give formal presentations and product demonstrations to potential customers.
- Owner of the complete demo process. Prepare and conduct product trials and demos.
- Create and maintain required reports for such demos and trials and related tracking customer progress and expenses.
- Perform competitive analysis and develop competitive positioning.
- Actively involved in preparing knowledge-based technical papers.
- Support marketing activities at tradeshows.
- Attend and present at industry forums and conventions.
- Participate in post-sales technical support in a role secondary to the support organization.
- Perform in field maintenance and software upgrades as needed
- BS or equivalent in computer science or engineering.
- 5+ years with technical experience in the Broadcast, Cable and/or telecom industries.
- Knowledgeable in major technical disciplines necessary for the end-to-end system design, networking, analysis, integration, and testing of various digital video broadcast and delivery systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with an ability to navigate and communicate at all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Deep understanding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC compression, ABR streaming video and OTT technologies including HLS, HSS, and HDS.
- Full knowledge of ENG operations.
- Ability and willingness to travel >50% as needed in assigned
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 519.772.4824
To apply for this job please visit dejero.applytojob.com.