CBC Radio Canada
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
Behind the scenes, but ahead of the curve: help us develop the next-generation public broadcaster.
Created in 2015 to align, lighten and modernize infrastructure, Media Technology & Infrastructure Services (MTIS) is the backbone and the future forward arm of CBC/Radio-Canada. We are the people that make stuff work. We make connections; between media content, systems, people and places. We are the space in between.
A place with purpose. CBC/Radio-Canada has always been a highly-regarded pioneer of media technology. Not just in Canada, but around the world. Today, we’re transforming ourselves from conventional radio and television broadcaster into a modern digital media company. Technology is the driving force. MTIS is the team making it happen.
Performs tasks as a specialist in maintenance, with a focus on the integration of components within systems. Drawing from professional experience applies advanced knowledge of current and developing technologies to innovate, find and apply solutions to a wide range of complex problems. Designs modifications to existing equipment and systems. Work is generally performed according to accepted CBC or industry standards but there is wide latitude for independent action, judgment and initiative. Has a very high degree of responsibility for accuracy and quality of work. Duties are performed with minimal direction.
- Designs equipment, systems, new modules and sub-systems. Designs modifications to existing equipment, systems and facilities in compliance with appropriate standards.
- Prepares work plans including a description of the expected results; details of the design or modification; the resources required; all schematic, functional and layout drawings; and detailed operational and maintenance instructions.
- When work plans are implemented, ensures compliance with the authorized plans.
- Identifies and establishes safety procedures.
- Based on equipment and systems performance assessment, makes recommendations for the acquisition and use of equipment and facilities. Recommendations include comprehensive written reports.
- Determines requirements and makes recommendations concerning the acquisition and use of spare parts.
- Ensures that employee skills and knowledge are current and appropriate by assessing training requirements; by planning, preparing and delivering training courses; and by ensuring that the instruction is effective.
- Ensures the ongoing improvement of equipment and systems performance by developing, establishing and documenting maintenance procedures; by determining and applying quality control procedures; and by measuring and evaluating results. Modifies procedures where the results are not adequate.
- Provides technical documentation, information and specialized advice to production, technical and engineering personnel.
- Performs all or part of the function or duties of an equivalent or lower classification.
- As assigned or required, may coordinate the work of others.
Why join us?
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance. We offer a rare-in-tech work-life balance with an excellent benefits package and a pension plan noted as one of the best in the country; we want to ensure you are happy in and out of the office.
We are a dynamic, in-flux team less than 5 years old, brimming with potential. There’s a lot of exciting work ahead of us and while we aren’t there yet, we have a plan. Our focus is fulfilling our mandate to exceed audience expectations. We weigh our options, research, explore and evaluate. When we make a decision, we follow through with purpose. We don’t have one static future ahead of us, but a fluid set of options. This means a chance to be part of that change whether you are an idea generator or an executor.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Advance knowledge regarding maintenance and design of equipment, systems and associated software technologies.
- Community College / University graduation or equivalent as determined by the Corporation.
- Seven years of practical and relevant experience including two years at the level of a Senior Broadcast Technologist within the CBC. Strong leadership ability.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Superior client service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Willingness to work various shift patterns, overtime or weekends as required.
To apply for this job please visit cbc.taleo.net.