KGW in Portland, Oregon is looking for a Supervisor of Technology and Operations. This position reports to the Head of Technology. This position will direct and oversee portions of the day-to-day operation of the technology and operations department. Responsibility will include management of team members, hands-on maintenance of infrastructures such as broadcast equipment, IT network, transmitter, and staff members’ training.
- Plan and manage local, capital, and corporate projects.
- Maintain programming logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission.
- Maintain, upgrade, and support of broadcast Information Technology throughout the station, including the studio and transmitter facilities.
- Manage the troubleshooting and repair of computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security, and virus protection.
- Manage and approve all documentation, including system configuration and wiring infrastructure to facility standards.
- Scheduling of staff to cover shifts.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all other departments.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances, including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production, and workstation products.
- Train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment and social media platforms.
- Available to work various hours and days, including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
- Must have five years of broadcasting and computer background.
- Background in Management and HR
- College degree preferred but not required.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW you must complete the online application on the job page found on: [ Link removed ] – URL blocked – click to apply and attach your resume and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
To apply for this job please visit tegna.jobs.net.