This role entails…
Our Studio Technician will be someone with extensive experience of working in a studio environment with a proven record of working to deadlines, be capable of handling scenery and have a good knowledge of electrical systems and safe cable management. The successful candidate will have rigging experience and a sound knowledge of rigging equipment used in the studio. Some of the main responsibilities include;
- Ensuring all Rigging equipment is used correctly and is within the current test dates.
- Checking the lighting rig and electrical installation complies with BS7671.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with relevant Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Following safe systems of work i.e. check equipment before making it live to ensure electrical safety.
- Full awareness and practice of safe cable management.
- Provide basic training to new crew to ensure succession.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Able to lift large scenery and unload Trailers.
- Basic carpentry and rigging knowledge.
- Basic Health and Safety knowledge.
- Able to use own initiative and shows determination to move things forward to get results.
- Has ability to react positively whilst resolving problems under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to build positive and long term relationships.
- Acts consistently, fairly and openly with respect for feelings of others and encourages similar approach in others.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Interested in, or previous experience of, lighting techniques, equipment and technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrates tact and diplomacy in all relationships.
- Experience working in Studios.
- Working Health and Safety knowledge.
- Counterbalance forklift license preferable.
- IPAF part 3a and 3b preferable.
- BS7909 certificate in design and management of temporary electrical systems preferable.
- Relevant rigging certificate or training such as the PLASA national rigging certificate preferable.
- Current wiring regulations certificate / 18th edition wiring regulations preferable.
To apply for this job please visit itv.referrals.selectminds.com.