The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth’s most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. We have learned that customer’s love IMDb TV so we are looking for a Solutions Architect who can build on our early success, pioneer new programs for customers, and help define our future.
As a member of the IMDb TV team, you will spend your time managing critical projects and as a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and systems. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit tens of millions of Amazon.com customers.
Day To Day Includes
As a Solution Architect on the IMDB TV team you will be a self-sufficient team member integrating with new and existing partners to bring additional ad-supported linear experiences to the service.
- Managing and designing technical integrations with external broadcast partners.
- Reviewing existing signal flow infrastructure and services.
- Develop proposals for refining/improving cloud based broadcast workflows that will be presented to internal stakeholders.
- Review metrics and KPI’s for existing broadcast workflows with internal and external partners.
- Develop strategy for improving metrics and KPI’s for existing broadcast workflows for internal stakeholders.
- Conduct tests and experiment with cloud based network proxies, transcoding, packaging and ad delivery workflows in order to design solutions to meet internal/external partner requirements.
- Review external partners IP delivery solutions with internal/external stakeholders to ensure that Amazon delivery standards are maintained.
- Review session data from various players to assist with diagnostics and troubleshooting pertaining to transcoding, packaging, ad insertion, CDN’s and video playback clients.
This is very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building from scratch.
- Experience working at a TV Network, Broadcaster, or an internet streaming platform specializing in live video transmission, processing and delivery technologies.
- Experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
- Experience with Live Systems Engineering
- Experience in 24/7 live video monitoring and operations roles
- Experience and knowledge of video development and advertisement tech (e.g., media container, codec formats, streaming protocols, encoding tools)
- Experience in releasing significant modules for complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous representation with video standards groups such as SCTE, SMPTE, DASH-IF, etc.
- Expert experience and knowledge in developing cloud-based live video work flow
- Expert experience and knowledge in end to end Live Digital Advertisement Insertion (DAI) systems, products, workflows, standards and troubleshooting
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional Level certification
- Experience with broadcasting standards and workflows.
- Familiar with operating playback systems at large scale.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest broadcast engineering jobs to your inbox weekly
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.