Senior Specialist ‐ Media Management requires to be in direct liaison with News and Programme Producers having full overview of all incoming media and media process in the program asset management system and media asset management system.
They will have full knowledge of all file based workflows, servers, storages, network and video codecs. The responsibility also includes media trans-coding and delivering content.
- Ensure the workflows and processes are followed as per the media management guiding documents.
- Collaborate in all communications with newsroom producers, programme producers, on‐field cameraperson‐journalists, agencies and post‐production studios.
- Process media for internal and external clients maintaining quality and timely delivery.
- Support the supervisor to apply workflow improvements in the transcoding and delivery processes.
- Apply use of DMZ NAS, Production asset management, Signiant and MAM systems.
- Prioritize requests to avoid bottleneck and streamline all processes in media hubs.
- Card ingesting, file ingesting and reviewing the quality of the file‐based ingests.
- First line support for newsroom for all media systems and workflows and escalating to broadcast IT teams.
- Manage and facilitate the process of sharing the content between Aljazeera channels and broadcast centers.
- Support documenting all workflows, policies and procedures and aligning to the centralized approach across the network.
The Person we are looking for will have:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Media and Journalism, Communications, Broadcast Operations, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a technical or file based broadcast environment.
- Has worked on Server production systems
- Broadcast production workflow experience
- Has a firm understanding of broadcast technical standards
- Possesses a sound knowledge with current codecs and the tools required to view and transcode.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.