Alaraby Television Network
Broadcasting from its headquarters in London, Alaraby Television Network has a broad range of programme content, varying from news to entertainment.
Although broadcasting from London; we have bureaus in the Middle East and worldwide.
The network aims to fulfil the Arab citizen’s desire for content that engages them and capture the way they perceive themselves, their world and the future.
As well as a very competitive salary Alaraby Television Network also provides an excellent private medical and dental coverage, pension and annual leave.
Job: MCR Engineer
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: £40,000 – £52,000
Advert Start Date: 09/10/2020
As a Senior MCR Engineer you should ensure that the Alaraby channels are ON AIR without interruption minimizing loss of broadcast services at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods to restore them. You will be also responsible for managing the successful delivery for scheduled production and transmission services. Day to day duties will focus on the acquisition of live feeds and recorded media via Satellite, Fibre and IP technology. You should be able to manage the loading of multiple traffic strands on the Alaraby fibre and Satellite network and ensures the operational stability for the delivery of both, Alaraby channel to viewers and contribution incoming to the station.
Demonstrable skills in broadcast equipment and technologies including several or all of the following:
SAT farm, IF routing & control system; Downlink and uplink chain SNG and ENG equipment, point-to-point video links and 3G/4G cellular IP streaming from the field Video Routers, Multi viewers and Glue items Talkback; KVM system
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Control of the channel Off Air and escalation process with DTH providers
- Effectively manage Feeds/transmissions via Satellite, Fibre and 3G-4G cellular devises such as TVU making sure the quality is up to Alaraby TV standards
- Minimize troubleshooting time to the minimum to avoid any failure or delay
- Identify faults and take immediate preventative action to restore traffic
- Make sure follows up on all technical or operational issues in the booking system observed during transmissions
- Escalating technical issues to relevant support unit as well as to external providers
- Make sure all IPDs and steerable antennas are set up to the required satellites
- Coordinate effectively with operators in the field to support remote operations via satellite, fibre, and IP networks
- Ensuring successful delivery of scheduled transmissions resolving any troubleshoot if any crisis occurs to the service
Essential Knowledge, Skill and/or ability required
- Positive attitude, flexibility, team leading approach and skills. Effectively plan, priorities and co-ordinate the activities. Train and mentor technicians and fellow engineers.
- Proficiency in maintaining the systems documentation library.
- Ability to work under pressure in a live news environment and availability to work on-call as needed, including evenings, overnights and weekends.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Telecommunication/Broadcast/Computer Engineering or relevant practical experience
- 6 years of professional experience in Master Control Rooms and relevant equipment’s operation, maintenance and support
- Comprehensive understanding of a live 24 hour broadcast environment
- In depth understanding of broadcasting standards including 3G-SDI, HDSDI 1080i, SDI, AES/EBU, MPEG, PAL 625, NTSC 525 and Relevant measurement tools
- Consciousness of the IT and Broadcast convergence
- Understanding of Broadcast media server workflows – Ingest – Transcoding – Video Compression
- IP networks (TCP/IP, FTP, UDP, Streaming and Store and Forward)
- English Language , Arabic is a plus
Application End Date: 09/11/2020
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/senior-mcr-engineer/41186643→