Senior MCR Engineer, 6-12 Months Fix Term Contract
Only Candidates based in America will be considered for this role.
At the core of the station’s technical facilities, the Senior MCR Engineer is responsible for the acquisition of live and recorded media via Satellite, Fibre and IP Technology.
He/She manages the loading of multiple traffic strands on the AJMN fibre and satellite network and ensures the technical operational stability for the delivery of both News and Programmes incoming to the station.
In addition, much of their work will be devoted to MCR systems and services incidents’ analysis, activity monitoring, taking part in the implementation of the preventive and corrective maintenance plans, taking part in the systems updates and upgrades thru assessing changes and risk on operations
- Provide 1st level support for various MCR sub‐systems to maintain services ON AIR.
- Ensures healthy operating conditions of MCR systems and services identifying service‐impacting anomalies and alerting appropriate personnel as needed.
- Analyze and diagnose systems faults/alarms occurrences, analyses services incidents, and reports to broadcast engineering and services providers as applicable and follow‐up on rectification progress.
- Taking part in the implementation of the MCR preventive and corrective maintenance plans, taking part in the MCR systems updates and upgrades thru assessing changes and risk on operations.
- Communicate with the Facilities Section to coordinate the flow of incoming News or Programs
- Operate the core technical facilities for the acquisition of live news via satellite, fibre or IP Technology
- Undertake Quality Control and transcoding of all incoming streams or package transfers to Media Servers
- Coordinate effectively with operators in the field to support remote operations via satellite, fibre, and IP networks.
- Reports clearly in the booking system all issues observed during transmissions
- Identify faults and take immediate preventative action to restore traffic
- Undertakes routine testing, preventative and corrective maintenance of transmission systems and ancillary equipment
- Provide technical operational and engineering support to other technical areas within the broadcast centre
- Ensure Correct Satellite Access procedures are implemented on AJMN Leased space capacity
- Ensure the monitoring and adjustment of incoming video streams according to the AJMN Broadcasting Technical Standards
The Person we are looking for will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Telecommunication/Broadcast Engineering
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a 24 hour news MCR environment, or working in a Media Technical department
You will have exceptional knowledge on:
- Either RF, Compression or Baseband (as applicable):
- Satellite Communications Systems and standards (ITU, FCC)
- Broadcast Systems and standards (SMPTE)
- MPEG Systems and standards
- DVB Systems and standards (ETR 290)
- RF Systems Equipment
- Antenna mechanisms
- Configuration of various Digital Compression Systems
- Major Baseband Broadcast Equipment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.