VMware is looking for a Senior Manager of Broadcast & Live Events to join its Colleague Experience & Technology organization. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all operational aspects of broadcasting our live and on-demand events. From virtual venue selection to equipment selection, staffing, and operating metrics & analytics, you will help shape the future of event production at VMware. You must have expert level knowledge of broadcast and live event production.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
In this role, you will leverage your global broadcasting experience to develop an international event operations team for the company. You will help shape and define the future of live events and broadcasting at VMware. This role will also be responsible for leading operational excellence standards throughout our broadcast operations cycles by implementing a QA program to ensure continued operational improvements. This position reports to the Director of Global AV Services and Events.
What are the primary needs, technical challenges, and problems you will be responsible for solving?
The primary need for this role is to develop a quality assurance (QA) execution culture within our Event Tech Ops team by providing technical and operational expertise while building a high-performance culture to deliver 24/7 worldwide broadcast operations.
What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Manage a high-performance Broadcast Operations team and work with internal business partners to execute a holistic strategy for producing live and on-demand events to extensive internal and external audiences. Drive the implementation of new virtual studio software for the team, managing sourcing and licensing. Develop and maintain relationships with creative teams to facilitate and execute various live, VOD, and other immersive video content forms. Coordinate virtual studio operations to ensure maximum facility usage Define, document, track, and recommend best practices for worldwide remote broadcast operations.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing regularly?
We are continually looking to improve our live event experience by introducing new content delivery strategies and emerging technology. Over the next year, we plan to add several capabilities to our events services, including VR & MR, live streaming & global broadcasting enhancements, and many more.
The overall day to day responsibilities for this role will include:
Managing the global operational delivery of our Virtual Meetings & Events business at scale. Working with AV engineering teams to execute and maintain broadcast delivery standards and workflows Manage day to day operations of the virtual production team, including managing a global broadcast schedule. Oversee the operations of virtual studio production equipment: Cameras, Lighting, audio, playback, switchers, etc.
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
This role’s leadership team is supportive, innovative, energetic, and experienced in global event management, Global broadcast distribution, and Developing innovative experiences. The culture of this team is creative and relentless.
- BS/BA in TV, Film, Broadcast Production or Business is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal social skills
- You have at least 10+ years of crew management experience in the film or television industry in a live production environment.
- You excel in situations that require juggling multiple critical projects and deadlines.
- Have a Firm understanding of standard IT protocols (H.323, SIP, RTMP, etc.)
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- You have extensive knowledge of cameras, lenses, audio, and lighting.
- You are capable of setting and maintaining production quality standards.
- You must have a comprehensive knowledge of audiovisual production equipment (Audio mixers, lighting/staging, HD/SD/UHD mixed-format switchers, etc)
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of complex audiovisual systems
- Have experience with standard desktop conferencing applications (i.e., Skype for Business, WebEx, Zoom, etc.)
- You must have the ability to multi-task and make decisions quickly.
- Must have an understanding of standard functional IT disciplines (i.e., Telecom, Video Conferencing, Messaging, Server operations, etc.)
- This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
To apply for this job please visit careers.vmware.com.