The Dreamtek Group is a dynamic and innovative company that specialises in enhancing communications through creative design in video and web, combined with software development for desktop or mobile applications. Our goal is simply to help our clients to reach their customers through better communications. Our development and design teams have years of experience creating innovative solutions for some of the World’s biggest brands. We pride ourselves on listening to what our Clients needs are and then deliver cost effective and bespoke solutions to ensure their needs have been fully consummated.
Our strength is that we offer a completely integrated solution, with in-house developers and designers enhanced by our Broadcast and Streaming integration to give you a complete solution.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to work on-site full time at our London HQ located near Liverpool Street. The individual will be one of our technical interfaces between Dreamtek and our clients and will require a high standard of AV and technical knowledge. Experience with the technical set up and streaming of live events is key requirement for this position.
The Engineer will have a real passion for how technology can enhance productions and video solutions. You will engage in the maintenance of the solutions that drive the facility, with special focus on the management of the AV facilities, near line storage and file based workflows.
The role requires the ability to work effectively with many types of people within the AV, broadcast and Events space, from large scale media companies to independent auteurs. We’re looking for a systems engineer with hands on production experience who can provide technical support and guidance to events and conferences at all business levels.
The role also requires flexibility to occasionally work outside of traditional office hours and travel depending on demand and production requirements.
- Provide day to day support on technical specifications for internal and external productions , live streams & webcasts
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on facility
- Test / Evaluate new and existing equipment/solutions
- Ensure that production equipment is running the latest versions of software/firmware to enable new features.
- Help enhance the experience of events and productions using complex engineering resources
- Produce and update technical documentation/schematics
- Facilitate full end-to-end technical workflow
- Virtual meeting platform experience
- Ability to spec studio projects
- On- site network installation and configuration
- IT management for Dreamtek staff
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5+ years experience in digital production facilities
- Exposure to broadcast video infrastructure, such as video and audio routers, terminal gear, vision mixers, hardware/software encoding.
- Experienced in audio/video compression/decompression for streaming
- Good understanding in mobile capture and playback experience for streaming video.
- Hands-on experience with cameras, lights, and mics set ups
- Understanding of front line maintenance and diagnostics on networked broadcast and production environments
- Understanding of live streaming to multiple channels including, RTMP, HLS. RTMP, SRT. Streaming to social media platforms as well as embedded video feeds and internal digital signage systems.
- Understanding of NDI and Dante video and audio over IP
- Understanding of products such as Wowza Streaming engine, Akamai, Blackmagic etc
- Ability to read, understand and write technical documentation and schematics (AutoCAD would be beneficial)
- Excellent analytical / troubleshooting practices
- Good understanding of TCP / IP networking
- Experience in Java, C++, Python is desirable
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure – WOWZA/AWS/GCP/Azure desirable
- GCP experience is preferable but not essential
- SQL Database experience and certification
- Experience with Adobe Connect (Essential)
- Ability to take on TD’ing of events either live or remote
- Ability to take a service-oriented approach to this position, with a desire to help clients achieve their best result
To apply for this job please visit dreamtek.tv.