Senior Broadcast Engineer – 6-12 Months Fix Term Contract
Only Candidates based in America will be considered for this role.
As a Senior Broadcast Engineer you will ensure that ON AIR programs as well as services provided by engineering facilities are broadcasted on time to the highest possible level of quality. You will be responsible for maintaining, installing, upgrading, monitoring, and repairing broadcast, engineering systems & facilities. The work can be based in a variety of locations & situations for television, both studios and outside broadcasts (OBs) which involve transmitting sound and images ensuring that they are relayed live back to a studio on time to the highest possible level of quality.
- Ensure that the station is ON AIR without interruption.
- Installs, maintains, modifies, operates and repairs broadcast equipment and systems, including the latest multimedia technology.
- Build and execute periodic maintenance plan, down time requirement for all Broadcast environment.
The Person we are looking for will have:
- 4+ years of professional experience in Broadcast Engineering and relevant Broadcast operation / maintenance in live broadcast environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Science with emphasis in Electrical, Electronics, Communications Engineering
- Knowledge in conventional and modern broadcast technologies (automation systems, file based storage, Play‐out technologies and On‐Air Graphics)
- Knowledge in broadcast infrastructure and understanding for Broadcast system cabling installation requirements.
- Knowledge in Video compression including MPEG‐2/MPEG‐4 and SD/HD /3G/4K.
- Knowledge in production and post‐production including studio cameras, ENG cameras, linear and non‐linear editing, audio/vision mixer.
- Theoretical knowledge in UPS system, ATS panels, Generators and all types of power distribution.
- Knowledge in basic measurement and test instruments for Audio and Video signals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.