The Live Events MCR is a mission critical hub for the setting up, management and monitoring of OU services including remote data centers, routers, satellite, fiber paths, switches and broadcast signals. The OU Live Events Operator works on the front line within a team of OU specialists and is responsible for the delivery, continuity and overall availability of all event based services.
This is a technical role where you will be responsible for the configuration and set up of Occasional Use customer work orders from signal acquisition, process and delivery. You will also be responsible for first line technical support, incident management and customer enquiry response.
The role is essential to the success of Encompass Digital Media’s strategy to deliver and maintain the highest standard of services to our clients, therefore previous experience working within a technical broadcast operations environment and familiarity with broadcast managed service delivery is essential.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure the seamless delivery of all customer OU event based services as per technical requirements and contractual agreements, defined by Service Level Agreements and work orders.
- Support the Events Management team in ensuring consistent success of current operational processes, partake in continual improvement and the implementation of new processes.
- An appreciation and understanding of Change Control in a broadcast environment
- Agile to change as per the ever evolving nature of broadcast technology and service delivery methodology.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including customers, suppliers, engineering and dev ops.
- Ensure the front line delivery of high profile events.
- 1st line technical support, escalation and triage for all OU Event based services.
- Direct liaison with customers, suppliers and end takers in the lead up to and during OU events followed up with post-event event reporting.
- Follow the incident reporting process to ensure the correct triage steps are taken and ensure accurate escalation.
Role Specific Requirements:
- A practical understanding of DVB principles, encoding, decoding, satellite, multiplexing and OTT streaming technologies essential.
- A meticulous attention to detail with the ability to identify faults both at video and meta-data level.
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment, reacting quickly and calmly in the event of service impact – instil confidence in our customers.
- Interpretation of data in a manner that will enable you to triage, report and escalate effectively and in some cases prevent service impact.
- Work collaboratively with management and engineering departments – Be a team player.
- Keenness to strive for operational improvement with a view to improving service delivery.
- A good knowledge of broadcast delivery mechanisms and platforms including but not limited to satellite, fibre and IP platforms.
- Strong communications skills across all appropriate mediums, such as phone, written, incident reporting and production talk-back.
- A proactive approach and the ability to use ones initiative.
- Be career focused and be able to build on learned skills and abilities.
- Experience using ScheduAll (Preferred but not essential).
- A degree (or equivalent) in a technical, scientific or engineering based subject.
- Experience Working in an OU live events based MCR.
To apply for this job please visit encompass-careers.vibehcm.com.