The Technical Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
- Candidate will be responsible for operating overdrive systems to produce live news broadcasts and pre-produced content.
- Create all necessary show templates, custom controls, Dashboard elements and code show rundowns in the Newsroom control system.
- Must be very familiar with an automated Newsroom. Familiarity with graphics systems, Vinten Robotics and Wheatstone Audio Console is required.
- Works with others engaged in technical control and production of programs
- Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
- Acts as a liaison between news, engineering and production departments
- Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscasts
- Trains camera and CG operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts
- Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
- Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations and production (Depending on market size)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.