- Technically direct live as well as recorded programs, segments, spots , promos and commercials utilizing ROSS Overdrive
- Ability to build splits, boxes, and multi-layered effects on the switcher level
- Technically direct live, as well as recorded progams, segments, spots, promos, and commercials using ROSS overdrive
- Ability to perform audio duties and show mixing as needed
- Ability to perform ingest and signal acquisition duties as needed.
- Ability to perform editing duties as needed.
- Maintain inventory and perform daily housekeeping of all switcher effects and banks.
- Maintain strict station quality standards
- Proactively stay current with production changes, and technology advancements that are designed to improve workflows
- Assist with training colleagues/new hires
- Actively Participate in daily editorial meetings.
- Submit Issue Tracker Discrepancy Report as needed.
- Setup control and monitor television broadcasting equipment to transmit television programs and station breaks to the viewing audience
- Maintain program logs to Ascertain. Record onto television programming logs actual time programs/station breaks air.
- Ingest commercials, programs and other program materials into the station automation system.
While operating station automation equipment. Performing minor computer troubleshooting and diagnostics as needed.
- Utilize video waveform and vector scope monitors to adjust signal quality.
- Observe on-air monitors to ascertain problems with transmission, such as loss of audio/video signals and report any problems to the appropriate Technology staff.
- Perform minor equipment troubleshooting, observe transmitter performance to help determine cause and area of problems and inform engineering personnel.
- Prepare discrepancy reports describing problems encountered during transmission of programs/station breaks and reason for problems.
- Control transmitting equipment to route television program to remote broadcast sites. Take transmitter readings and enter data onto transmitter logs.
- Assist with the production of local news, promotions and commercial programming.
- Occasionally assist with facility maintenance and Environmental Health and Safety issues.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by management
- In-depth experience (3+ years) with all aspects of ROSS Overdrive Automation System.
- In-depth experience (3+ years) iNews.
- In-depth experience with ROSS switchers.
- In-depth knowledge of Avid Newscutter/ Media Composer/Adobe Premiere.
- Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of television production.
- knowledge of graphics devices such as Xpression.
- Knowledge of video server playback and ingest.
- 3+ Years working in television news.
- Ability to multi-task a must.
- Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
- Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community in a positive and professional level.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Must be willing to submit to a background
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- A positive and motivated attitude to consistently raise the production standard
- Bachelors Degree in Communication or related field
- Familiarity with ROSS Dashboard
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
NBCUOTS – KTMW
Salt Lake City
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.