The Switch provides a global platform for the production and distribution of live video. The company offers a scalable broadcast production and transmission platform that puts control exactly where the customer needs it: in their facilities, at The Switch or both. The Switch connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to professional sports, news and entertainment venues and provides a unique meet-me point for seamlessly connecting media outlets, streaming platforms and web services.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to contribute to the growth and success of our Company. The Network Engineer will report to the Director of Network Engineering and will be responsible for supporting and building The Switch’s multiprotocol transport network.
- Provide Engineering support of The Switch’s long-haul transport network
- Maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting network core related equipment
- Assisting with customer and venue deployments, troubleshooting customer transport issues of broadcast-based video and data connections
- Assisting with testing new software/firmware in a lab environment
- Provide Engineering support of The Switch’s Nimbra Vision (NV) provisioning platform
- Maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting NV as needed or directed
- Assisting with lab testing of new hardware, and management systems against other software platforms
- Providing Engineering support of broadcast IT data systems
- Customer requirement analysis and support
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills of complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in‐depth evaluation of variable factors. • Ethernet, TCP/IP, routing, subnet network management and utilization with a good systematic approach to troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with computer related equipment such as servers, routers, and switches
- Experience with VPNs, Cisco equipment, NAS, LAN Management is a plus
- Prior experience providing technical support in fast paced, high availability, 24X7 environments.
- 3+ years of experience in a data systems or broadcast environment (active knowledge and experience in a broadcast television or Telco facility environment is preferred)
- BA or AAS College degree or equivalent experience, CCNA certification or equivalent is preferred
- Experience with Net Insight’s Nimbra MSR platform a major plus
- Knowledge of broadcast signal workflow
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast‐paced, ever– changing and challenging environment
- Excellent oral and written skills, with the ability to think critically and work independently
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management
- Candidate must be willing to work a schedule that will include holidays, nights, overnights and weekends throughout the year as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft, including operating system, Office products, and Linux experience is a plus
- Available for occasional travel to company and customer sites as required.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
To apply for this job please visit www.theswitch.tv.