About this role
The Media Manager has two key responsibilities – the successful ingest and delivery of content in HD, UHD and HDR formats. Ingest includes live and delayed video content streams alongside file based acquisitions. Managing the delivery of all file based programming for transmission is also pivotal to this role and the Media Manager will be expected to liaise with production teams both internal and external as well as Traffic, Archive, Engineering, Edit Support and Management staff across the business. The Media Manager will also manage a team of media co-ordinators who assist in the fulfilment of these tasks.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
• Creation of daily ingest schedules
• Ensuring ingest schedules are correct with all required content captured
• Ensuring the accuracy of all metadata and its application
• Implementation of and adherence to the ingest workflows
• Liaison with MCR, production, traffic and archive teams across the business
• Managing issues with incoming content including escalating and reporting as required
• Implementing BT Sport Media Management policy
• Oversee Media Co-Ordinator operations
• Full understanding of day to day file delivery schedule
• Implementation of and adherence to delivery workflows
• Liaise with production teams to ensure timely file delivery
• Identify potential delayed or late delivery issues
• QC of all files to be delivered for transmission
• Liaise with 3rd party Transmission Services Providers
•Implement BT Sport Delivery Policy
• Monitor day to day performance of MAM system
• Point of contact for system engineering issues
• Manage Media Co-Ordinator team
• Feedback to Senior Media Management on Media Co-Ordinators performance
• Provide mentoring, support, training and advice to Media Co-Ordinators
You’ll have the following skills & experience
· Excellent understanding and demonstrable expertise in the use of EVS’s IPD.
· Knowledge of other EVS hardware and systems such as XT Access. XT3 play-out servers.
· Clear and demonstrable understanding of MAMs (Tedial’s Evolution would be an advantage).
· Understand different file formats and audio track layouts and their different uses in a production environment.
· Understand the importance of metadata and to ensure an accurate and consistent approach to metadata input.
· Understanding the importance of managing media and the requirement for it to be constantly available, not lost or deleted.
· Knowledge of DPP processes will be an advantage.
· Knowledge of UHD media management will be an advantage.
· Knowledge of HDR file formats and their media management will be an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills to deal with production teams, edit support, MCR staff, engineering support used to working in a broadcast environment.
· Ability to cope in a pressurised environment making informed decisions in a timely fashion.
· Calm approach to prioritising requests and actions.
· Understand the importance of working within the technical rules of BT Sport.
· Understand the implications of deadlines versus the time taken for systems to process material.
· Provide support and advice for the edit support teams.
· A good sporting knowledge will be an advantage.
- 10% Annual salary
- 10% Employer contribution pension
- Life Cover
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest broadcast engineering jobs to your inbox weekly
To apply for this job please visit bt.taleo.net.