Red Bee Media
Red Bee was born in media and for the past 15+ years we have made significant contributions to the development of the global media industry, empowering the world’s strongest media brands, broadcasters and content owners to instantly connect with audiences anywhere at anytime. At Red Bee, you get to be a part of shaping the future of the media industry and deliver amazing media experiences to global audiences. Our partners include: BBC, Channel 4, ITV, Canal+, Extreme E, TV5MONDE and many others.
Our Exciting Opportunity
You will be part of the Playout and Media Management UK Team, working within Operations, our clients are the best of the best in the UK and globally. We are responsible for delivering the seamless transmission of television channels to the viewers at home, on behalf of Red Bee’s customers.
Media Management Operators are responsible for the day to day acquisition, management and transfer of all media. This fantastic opportunity to join a well-established broadcasting business would suit either a graduate or somebody who has some experience within the industry but is looking for that next step.
Reporting directly into the Media Services Manager your core accountabilities will be;
- Collating, ingesting and managing media required by Playout, Compliance, Access Services, VOD and other clients.
- Ensuring ingested media is ready for Playout and the original technical quality of the media is not lost.
- Under breakdown conditions, to operate all the equipment manually, including loading, cueing and playing programmes (and trailers etc) live to air from tape or server.
- Ensuring all associated media (metadata) such as subtitles, separate audio sources and in-vision sign language are accurately ingested onto server.
- To check Outside Source (OS) availability and record live incoming material (e.g. studios or outside broadcasts) to server for later Playout.
- To quality check material and report faults where required, according to specific guidelines laid down by clients.
To be successful in the role you must have
To be suitable for this role, you will ideally have either a degree within media studies or have previous experience, which has given you a good understanding of broadcasting functions. Being proactive within this role is also key, able to act on your own initiative with the ability to prioritise when needed having a high attention to detail. You should work well under pressure, working to tight deadlines and reacting well at short notice!
What´s in it for you?
By joining us you will be a part of an international team, collaborating to deliver amazing media experiences through forward-thinking solutions and services! You will work with colleagues who share a passion for media and clear sense of integrity in the workplace. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most innovative media companies in the world, using cutting edge media technologies and systems to deliver our services. Here, you are able to bring your unique talents, skills and perspectives to the table and cooperate in an openminded an inclusive environment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ericsson.com.