MCR Operations Engineer
Competitive Salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits
Our Feltham Multiplex Operations Centre offers a complete range of transmission services.
Reporting to our shift Leaders, as MCR Ops Engineer your major responsibility will be to monitor and provide first line support to ensure the efficient and smooth running of our MCR providing Coding and Multiplex facilities to our high-profile DTT customers.
As the primary transmission area for customers permanent & time-shared channels, you’ll be the first point of call operating the MCR’s platform monitoring desks, ensuring constant checking of the contribution & multiplexing equipment, including the backhaul/downlink, line-up and co-ordination of line and satellite feeds when required, logging any issues and incidents and covering where necessary for any similar operational role within the MCR.
Key accountabilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitor and provide 1st line support of coding & multiplex, conditional access and distribution platforms.
- Monitoring of all broadcast channels within the Multiplex Operation
- Fault-finding, resolving or escalating as appropriate for all broadcast channels within the Multiplex Operations Centre’s facilities.
- Compiling & issuing incident reports to internal & external customers in detail
- Ensuring the technical compliance of all Arqiva-based originated material to OfCom requirements.
To be considered for the role, we are looking for the following:
- You must have a proven track record working in an MCR environment
- Experience with Coding and Mux is preferred, ideally supported by some experience within a playout environment and/or VT operation.
- Your ability to prioritise workload, often under pressure, is second nature and complements your strong organisational & problem-solving skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- You need to be flexible enough to work across a range of early, late and weekend shifts, including public holidays as required, you will be a first-class all-round communicator, highly IT-literate with
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of the end-to-end process of Channel Playout
- In-depth technical knowledge of Coding and Mux and Conditional Access processes.
- A good understanding of Digital video compression principles and programme signal path contribution
At Arqiva, our vision is to be central to every vital connection in a world which depends on a continuous stream of information. Always. At the forefront of communications infrastructure and media services, we’re the people who make connections happen in the digital world. Our values are about being ingenious, straightforward and collaborative, clearly and simply, to enable us to go that extra mile for our customers.
If this describes you and your career aspirations, to APPLY for this MCR Operations Engineer role, please click on the button below.
Arqiva is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit ehik.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com.