The Manager of Broadcast Operations is responsible for the overall day‐to‐day management of Broadcast Operations in European region. S/He will oversee all News production, Post‐Production, and News‐gathering operations for their channels output utilizing all the resources.
The Manager of Broadcast Operations is responsible for the output and the quality of the channel both technically and operationally. S/He will ensure smooth running and delivery of the output globally insuring collaboration with all other channels.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Enforce smooth day‐to‐day operations with an end to end workflow view, capture issues and fix them coordinating with concerned
- Liaise with Network Operations Management, Editorial and Channel’s Senior Management
- Assist in the development of plans for operational activities.
- Single point of contact for all Operations activities, attends weekly Management meeting within Channels editorial team.
- Maintain Key relationships with News, Programmes and Creative Management, and attend regular editorial de‐brief.
- Participate with functional supervisors to set staff objectives as well as carry out annual appraisals for the staff.
- Oversee Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery procedures are practiced regularly within the BC operations.
- Oversee all connected workflows within the channel that fulfill the editorial needs according to network standards.
- Plan the efficient use of resources to achieve the goals of the BC operations.
- Communicate with supervisors to cascade management communication.
- Manage and administrate news budgets for contributions and audit invoices.
- Manage the staff recruitment of temporary staff via outsource company with HR.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Media or TV Production related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in television; with minimum of 7 years’ experience in a managerial role in a news broadcaster.
- In depth understanding of 24 hour news production.
- Knowledge of News production systems and newsroom work flow requirements
- Knowledge of management strategies and techniques
- Knowledge about server based news systems
- Knowledge of Studio Production techniques in live environment
- Knowledge of OB multi camera production
- Knowledge of Server based Production technologies.
- Understanding of Non‐ linear editing systems
- Understanding of Graphics systems and their application in a news environment.
- Understanding of Newsgathering technologies and their use.
- Understanding of alternative connectivity via BGAN/3G/IP etc.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.