Encompass is a global technology services company focused on supporting broadcast, cable and digital leaders. We design, implement and operate reliable video solutions that capture, process and deliver our clients’ video content from any source, in any format, to any destination in the most efficient manner possible.
The Manager, Live Operations is responsible for all Live events within Network Operations. The Manager, Live Operations’ role is to provide leadership for the assigned live operations staff and to satisfy the clients’ daily operational needs. The Manager, Live Operations is skilled in the planning and execution of scheduled Live Events and Switching Groups in a Master Control environment.
• Directly supervise all live operations staff that may be assigned to his/her networks. This includes quarterly performance check-ins, scheduling, payroll/timecard verification, disciplinary action, etc.
• Confers with the network clients; develops and maintains a positive working relationship with the network’s operational departments.
• Daily communication with client, ensuring correct or updated materials/info have been received and processed.
• Create & submit a Live Event document detailing upcoming on-air activity, which includes organizing all Live Events for the assigned networks in the Network Operations Department.
• Coordinates strategic planning in deploying staff to effectively support network operations
• Ensures that specified, technical network procedures are being satisfied.
• Reports all on-air discrepancies promptly to the Senior Manager, Live Operations and the assigned network client.
• Responsible for creating continuous training initiatives for the Live Operations Team
• Responsible for Live Events within the area and assisting in any troubleshooting that may occur during an event i.e., operator, equipment, fiber related, reporting.
• Responsible for maintaining on-air integrity and continuity during server playout and Live Events.
• Create and Initiate routine switch group schedules.
• May act a primary lead during FAX out of Live Transmissions from site/studio, when necessary.
• Technically capable of patching, routing and operating pertinent equipment in the network operations area.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a broadcast/master control environment.
• Minimum of two years’ related experience with live events.
• Previous management experience preferred, but not required.
• Ability to engage clients and perform cross-functional management.
• Technical proficiency and operational knowledge of all systems hardware within a network environment.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field preferred
Encompass, a leader in digital media services, owns and operates state-of-the-art, broadcast facilities throughout the United States, Latin America, United Kingdom and Asia. The company’s mission-critical, media services provide broadcasters, cable networks, corporations and government entities with customized solutions for the management and distribution of content.
To apply for this job please visit encompass-careers.vibehcm.com.