TEGNA is building a new broadcast operations hub in Charlotte, NC and we are seeking a Manager, Broadcast Hub Operations to join our team. This leadership position is part of a team responsible for the live operation, monitoring and support of multiple stations 24 by 7 in a single centralized environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently or as part of a team. This position reports directly to the Head of Broadcast Hub Operations.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Hub, including leadership of supervisors and operation staff
- Build staffing schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for routine and live events
- Set and communicate performance goals and conduct reviews of goals with supervisors and staff
- Conduct performance reviews of supervisors and provide input to performance reviews of staff
- Lead the creation of standard operating procedures for new processes and workflows, working closely with supervisors to set, monitor, and maintain processes and procedures with a continuous improvement mindset
- Manage and perform duties to ensure the on-air integrity of multiple network programming feeds and provide immediate response to emergency situations that may affect on-air programming
- Ensure that specified technical procedures and company policies are being followed
- Develop technical training initiatives to ensure all staff members have an understanding of systems and hardware within the Hub Operations center
- Report all on-air discrepancies promptly to the head of hub operations and customers
- Able to perform Live On-Air duties in relation to event/operator coverage when necessary
- Respond to changing priorities and adjust as needed
Here’s what you need:
- BA/BS in a related field or equivalent experience
- Must have ability to deploy staff in strategic manner to support high profile and live events.
- Proficient in Excel and the entire Microsoft O365 suite of tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use electronic equipment and computer hardware and software related to television broadcast operations, including video and audio routing equipment, file servers, remote transmitter monitoring equipment and multi-channel automation systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, take immediate action, and resolve broadcast issues
- Strong customer service attributes and skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Unwavering composure in high-pressure situations
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working successfully as part of a team
- Must be willing to work in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Must be willing and available to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts, weekends, holidays in order to meet the needs of a 24×7 operation
- 7+ years of experience in a master control or production control room television environment
- 5 years managerial experience
- Proven passion for media, television, and technology
To apply for this job please visit tegna.jobs.net.