Des Moines is ranked as one of America’s best cities to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the lead source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! Best of all, you’ll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
KCCI-TV, the Hearst-owned CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. The person in this role maintains the station’s equipment and systems from acquisition to distribution. This position provides technical and IT support for all station efforts.
- News-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
- IT systems and associated hardware and software. This includes infrastructure and end user support.
- Production equipment including production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather systems, audio consoles, and other gear used in production.
- VHF Solid State Transmitter site, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to plan and execute equipment installation, research/design, and detailed documentation of work.
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems.
- Networking support of various LAN/WAN devices and systems.
- In depth knowledge of video production/television systems.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members.
- Must possess a positive attitude and driven by successful problem solving.
- Flexible to various work shifts and days off as assigned.
- Capable of following instructions, verbal and written.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
- Valid driver’s license; position requires travel to remote transmitter and microwave sites
- Position may require some travel with the SNG truck for live remotes. CDL a plus.
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment or 2+ years of experience in a related military occupation specialty.
- Associates Degree in Electronic/IT Technology or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics/IT school equivalent (including military).
- Equivalent Military related work experience will be considered.
- SBE/SMPTE/IT Certification is a plus.
To learn more about Des Moines, click HERE.
To apply for this job please visit eevd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.