Sky News is recruiting for a Maintenance Support Engineer to be part of the team that supports Sky News and Sky Sports News’ Field Operations (broadcast, camera, sound and IP equipment). The role is based in Sky’s West London campus, but will require regular travel nationally and globally, with little or no notice.
Sky News is a world-class breaking news service with a spirit of innovation and fresh approach to news broadcasting. This role is an integral part of News Operations, and our approach.
Be part of a maintenance team so you must be highly motivated and flexible, with an understanding of how a fast-paced news provider operates daily. You must have the ability to operate consistently in high pressure environments to
• Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by Field Operations management
• Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance across
• Respond to breakdowns, diagnose faults and repair broadcast equipment used by Sky News and Sky Sports News.
• Be proactive to correct ongoing equipment related problems with little supervision.
• Obtain specialist components, fixtures or fittings and deal with returns and equipment repairs.
• Maintaining statistical records.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
• Managing stocks of supplies and equipment.
• Assist with new projects involving installation, configuration, and testing of new Broadcast, Camera and IT Equipment.
• Assist with OB Broadcast work and Truck/Coverage Deployments.
• Report and post daily shift logs of issues and activity using The Fleetio vehicle management software.
• Provide regular feedback to the technical team and Maintenance Team Leader.
• Experience or understanding of SNG, interrogating Broadcast equipment over networks and IP transmissions
• The flexibility to operate with a dynamic working week dependent on news coverage
• An appetite for working within a fast paced, responsive news environment.
• A desire to learn new skills and achieve personal development.
• An interest in New Technology
• A Full UK Driving Licence and valid passport for travel.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about
To apply for this job please visit careers.sky.com.