The Market Herald
The Market Herald is an emerging, global online business news platform, and a leading financial portal that provides active investors with market data, breaking news, insightful editorial and portfolio management tools to inform and help grow their investments.
Our office is located in downtown Vancouver; easy to get here with transit and we’re very close to Burrard Skytrain station.
The Market Herald is looking for a creative and motivated Livestream operator and video editor to work on an exciting business news platform. The candidate will be responsible for editing and producing dynamic content for six 2-minute bulletins every day. Our ideal candidate will have hands-on experience editing both broadcast and digital content, familiar with Livestream Studio 6, and some knowledge of ZCAM cameras, be a strong team player, as well as the ability to bring creative ideas to the table.
Being self-motivated is a key!
- Responsible for physically producing live streaming, utilizing all of our technology vendors and open-source software which is Livestream Studio 6, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Responsible for running each live stream from front to back, simulcasting on all channels, live switching cameras and audio, running lower thirds on multiple platforms, and ensuring smooth and seamless operation between all channels and streams.
- Responsible for joining or hosting Zoom call (when applicable), merging Zoom and other multiple feeds into our stream, and broadcasting on our Vimeo System, pushing the stream to our site, and managing the full streaming operation.
- Responsible for cueing and managing all interactive features and graphic elements with the audience in Livestream Studio 6 on the back end.
- Responsible for a quick turnaround editing the footage in Premiere Pro, colour adjustments, etc. before pushing the completed video to the server.
- Is flexible in the role within the team and within the company, including working on marketing reels, Ad Sales spots and other Off-Air work.
- Is aware of and open to the need to include input from local markets, where necessary.
- Able to confidently pitch and present ideas to the team.
Qualifications, Technical skills, and Experience
- 1-2 years of experience with live streaming or broadcast, general familiarity with encoders, ZCAM cameras, working knowledge of current industry standard audio/video formats.
- Understanding of video transmission protocols and troubleshooting.
- Experience in live streaming workflows – we will train on specifics for our processes.
- Expert level experience with Adobe Premiere. Knowledge of all aspects of video shooting and post-production including camera/audio operation, and lighting.
- Experience with audio/video production and post-production utilizing current technologies including live streaming.
- Experience in working with digital new media and/or broadcast media production.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this job please visit stockhouse.bamboohr.com.