Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business – available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Live Playback team delivers consistent, elite customer experiences which “just work” for everyday consumers. We build reliable, high performance live experiences, and we take ownership of the end-to-end live streaming experience– from the live encoding core platform out through AIV’s client applications. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be.
Our Live Operations team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Support Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding video eco-system, especially for live events. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses providing production ticket support (tier-3 support, escalations to engineering teams) for multiple products and platforms, executing the live successful streaming delivery of live sporting events to our customers, engineering development support, and business decision making support.
Some of the key job functions:
· Execute multiple live streaming events concurrently; be the sole owner of many tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
· Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services
· Design and Implement HLS, DASH, h.264, h.265 technologies and systems for OTT delivery
· Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks
· Work on operations and maintenance and driving improvements, automation
· Grow into ability to develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
· System and Support status reporting.
· Ownership of one or more Video products or components.
· Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
· Work with senior engineers and other teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues, prioritizing root-cause fixes with engineers and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
· Development or technical support experience
· Experience scripting in modern programming languages
· Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant technical experience
· Experience of the UNIX/Linux operating system and system administration
· Experience of AWS technologies, and networking concepts
· Experience of troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of issues.
· Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
· Experience of development/technical support experience
· Experience in Python and/or shell scripts
· Experience working on HLS, DASH, DRM, Smooth, h.264, h.265 video streaming and encoding technologies.
· Experience of Live streaming or experience is a similar production environment.
· Experience of encoding hardware software, i.e., ffmpeg, Harmonic, Elemental
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.