The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).
The Live Event Content Associate Producer plans, coordinates, produces, technical directs and edits various content of the company’s live racing broadcasts for international, in-venue and digital programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce and technical direct live broadcasts on the company’s OTT, international and in-venue platforms
- Produce content elements for ancillary content to be added across the company’s OTT, international and in-venue platforms
- Produce highlights from the international world feed for live distribution and FTP distribution to international broadcast partners for all national series races
- Produce and distribute cut downs of the NASCAR races for digital delivery on international and domestic digital platforms
- Conceptualize, write, produce and supervise graphics, edit and audio sessions for ancillary content
- Manage and coordinate media and work orders for all footage pulls and production needs for projects
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite (ie Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects) for assigned projects
- Lead and oversee the daily work of full-time and free-lance production staff
- Be primary point of contact for onsite production team and broadcast partner/client during live events
- Travel: up to 15%, including weekends
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and minimum of four (4) years related experience, internship and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance in structions , and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization required.
- Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions , percentages, area, circumference, time, and volume, as well as the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, as well as the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perfonn this job successfu lly, an individual should have knowledge of company provided hardware and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Linear or Non-Linear editing experience is a plus. Basic knowledge of client server, web technologies and/or systems integrations is a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organization, communication , and time management skills
- Strong non-linear editing and post-production skills preferred (Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects)
- Working operator knowledge of studio graphics and replay software and hardware (ie Duet/Chyron, XPression, EVS, Dreamcatcher)
- Able to react quickly and positively in a wide variety of production situations
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time with little direct supervision
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including a majority of nights and weekends, to meet deadlines
- Able to provide and accept feedback without compromising creativity or quality
- Knowledge of sports, specifically auto racing, including current drivers, rules and events
- Familiarity with television production procedures, specifically sports production
- Familiarity with server-based media
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job please visit external-nascar.icims.com.