As IP Solutions Engineer in the Integrated Networks department you will be responsible for providing technical and equipment expertise to the Project Engineers, Project Managers and Account Directors as required to deliver the events and projects Creative Technology are world renowned for. You will be required to assist in the selection and configuration of equipment, services and systems capable of delivering projects to the robust standards expected by Creative Technology and our clients.
The ability to convey technical information and suggest well thought out technical solutions to problems are paramount to the role of IP Solutions Engineer. The ability to explain complex principles to less technically minded clients will also be invaluable.
Learning and understanding the various contribution and streaming platforms that clients request is often required, along with the supporting engineers in the use of streaming encoders and CDN services. As our industry rapidly moves towards and IP-based workflow training and overseeing projects that require SMPTE-2110 and SDVoE workflows will be expected of you.
The role involves being involved in multiple projects at any given time, some of which will require your presence on site. The ability to document systems and instructions, train full-time and freelance staff and deliver remote support to these systems is imperative.
- Using your strong knowledge and interpersonal skills to suggest and guide other teams towards the best technical solution for any given requirement, providing support and training where necessary.
- Ensure the equipment leaving the building is configured and tested ready for site with suitable handovers and documentation provided for the on-site engineers where necessary.
- Assist the project engineers and project managers to set up and administer live streamed events.
- As your role develops you may be asked to deploy and maintain temporary networks and hosting systems on site with the assistance of the Technical Managers.
- Administer and guarantee streamed events from site.
- Design and configure high bandwidth media transport systems and hardware using SMPTE2110 and SDVoE protocols, alongside any future and emerging technology.
Help produce and run training sessions for staff and freelancers to improve their understanding of IP, networks, and streaming.
- You may be expected to travel to site where applicable both in the UK and Worldwide.
- High-level network experience essential
- Relevant industry experience or a strong interest in entering the event industry
- Problem Solving; ability to think strategically and implement robust, stable solutions.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent advantageous
- A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above (including Maths and English).
- A-levels, or equivalent qualification.
To apply for this job please visit nepgroup.zohorecruit.com.