There’s a reason people work at SBS. Everyone has a story that influenced their choice to join the world’s most diverse and inclusive public broadcaster. We celebrate and explore diversity and contribute to social cohesion, enriching the lives of all Australians through meaningful and engaging content.
We embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We want your vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten our halls, light up our screens and strengthen our team.
We are looking for a Head of Technology Operations & Services responsible for driving the strategic direction and world-class delivery of SBS’s internal Technology Services, which comprises SBS’s Cross Platform Studio production facilities, IT & Broadcast Infrastructure, Media Operations, Subtitling, Audio description and Corporate Services. Through these diverse and skilled teams, you will determine opportunities for improvement and assess future needs in order to ensure the area supports the organisational goals of SBS.
About the role
This is a key leadership role in the Technology team. Some of the duties include:
- Providing leadership and inspiration to a large operational team, ensuring a culture of high-level performance, service and accountability.
- Contributing to the Technology Division’s strategic planning process, defining and articulating the vision, goals and objectives for the Operational teams, ensuring they keep pace with technological changes and SBS content delivery requirements including capital lifecycle and roadmap planning.
- Advising the Chief Technology Officer and the SBS Executive on appropriate operational developments and policies aligned with SBS Technology strategy.
- Identifying, developing and negotiating business and service partnerships that deliver to the operational needs of the business including the efficient use of funding.
- Building and maintaining a strong network of contacts and relationships across the Australian TV, radio and digital media technology communities, and internationally where appropriate to understand trends.
- Working closely and collaboratively with SBS Content divisions to understand strategic content plans and technology needs, developing appropriate operational delivery strategy to align with these needs.
- Providing first class facilities and services across SBS’s office and technical environments
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about SBS, our purpose and what we stand for. You’ll have demonstrated experience as a senior leader in a contemporary media organisation who has managed large scale technology teams, ability to manage multiple and varied priorities and demonstrated ability to create and foster a high-performing and inclusive culture. You will need to have great stakeholder management skills, including at an executive level. Your deep understanding of leadership and technologies, products and platforms will mean that you’ve successfully navigated the changing technological landscape by identifying best practice and best in class innovative technologies that deliver SBS content to our audiences.
More specifically, we are looking for someone with extensive knowledge and experience of broadcasting techniques and challenges, in particular;
- Broadcast Systems and Transmission (Encoding, Delivery),
- Radio Systems (e.g. DAB+, AM, FM, Presentation systems, Audio over IP),
- Content Creation and Media Asset Management (e.g. systems including Adobe, Dalet, Vizrt),
- Studio, Production, and Presentation systems (e.g. Graphics systems, studio automation),
- Network, Storage, Security, Compute skills including a familiarity with Cloud and hybrid onsite / Cloud deployments to meet all SBS video, audio, and data requirements
- Facilities services including Power and UPS systems, Air-conditioning, Datacentres – internal and external provision, Disaster Recovery and BCP
Everything else you need to know about us and everything we need to know about you we can discover together through the recruitment and selection process. If there is anything we can do, or any adjustments that we can make to our interview/ recruitment process to better enable you to shine, please contact email@example.com .
We do not offer sponsorship for this position. Candidates will need to have Australian working rights.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sbs.com.au.