The Field Operations Engineering department is charged with supporting Telemundo Network with remote broadcast capabilities for entertainment, sports, news, as well as Telemundo’s tentpole productions. A candidate must be able to design “travel ready” broadcast systems, deploy that system to any remote location, as well as operate it. This individual must also be able to work alone or with a team under extreme conditions and deadlines, and deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends, evenings and overtime. Candidate must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel to natural disasters or conflict-ridden parts of the world, or otherwise hazardous locations.
- Working in many disciplines of remote broadcasting including but not limited to transmission, audio, video, communications, RF, and IT
- Design, integrate, maintain, operate, procure and assemble “travel ready” light weight and streamlined broadcast systems for deployment world-wide.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment used by Field Operations and keep up to date documentation
- Create pack list and manifest of equipment being deployed domestically and internationally
• Minimum 5 years’ experience setting up remote broadcasts
• A qualified applicant must possess a working knowledge of and experience with:
– Remote broadcast transmission signal flow.
– Audio mixers and microphones.
– Professional camera setup and color matching.
– Remote to home base communications
– Satellite uplink technology and procedures.
– Radio frequency microphones and transmitters.
– IP networks for use with PC’s and streaming video.
• Must have an associate degree from an accredited technical school or equivalent experience.
• Must have demonstrable knowledge in all aspects of television production format
• Must be able to work under extreme conditions and deadlines.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, weekends, evenings, overnights, and overtime.
• Must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel to hazardous or conflict-ridden parts of the world
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license and passport
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
• Ability to troubleshoot in a live television environment
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Experience with Visio or Auto Cad
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
TLMD Technical Production
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.