The CIB Digital Platform supports the business goals of all businesses across the investment bank. Our teams are responsible for technology delivery, having development responsibility for key business systems and overall responsibility for all client facing user experiences within the investment bank. The broader team consists of people based in Glasgow, London, Mumbai and New York.
The group is divided into small, highly motivated, agile teams. Software deliveries are frequent and the team members are expected to be multi-disciplined and flexible in their approach, working in all areas of the solution space. Each team is responsible for the design, build and maintenance of highly available and scalable systems with focus on making lives of other engineers in CIB easier and their products reliable and more performant, supporting hundreds of applications and thousands of developers.
This role is specific to a brand new platform service – a digital event bus that can provide event streaming, routing and function execution. The event bus will be used across the Corporate Investment Bank and available to thousands of developers to build upon.
Your depth of knowledge and expertise will be applied to all stages of the agile software development lifecycle to develop and deploy the digital event bus that will be used by engineers across the firm. We’re building cloud native services with telemetry and auto-scaling built in. Our services are built using automated CICD pipelines, with code going all the way to production automatically. You will set and maintain the technical excellence required to build great services that enable the broader J.P. Morgan engineering community to deliver the best experiences possible for our clients.
The Digital Event Bus team sits alongside Notifications, Metrics and Application Monitoring teams that form the Foundational Services of the Digital Platform. Collectively you will work with your peers and across the Digital Platform which includes other engineers, architects, designers, cyber and product teams to build the best solutions possible. You will help to shape the engineering culture to be centered on collaboration, quality and best practice. You will be empowered to make changes to make sure we’re building the right software in the right way.
- Design and delivery of the new event bus
- Build reusable code and libraries with excellent documentation
- Optimize our services to scale from the outset with telemetry
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Coach and mentor less experienced peers
- Strive for continuous improvement through active participation in team, J.P. Morgan community and site-wide activities
- Strong background in Object Orientated Programming
- Strong knowledge of messaging and asynchronous communication
- Experience of Cloud Technologies (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
- Experience of Function as a Service
- Test driven approach to development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- NoSQL Database experience, (e.g. Cassandra)
- Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of software design patterns
To apply for this job please visit jpmc.fa.oraclecloud.com.