Gravity Media is seeking an Engineer in Charge that will be responsible for the provision of content production support services for live and recorded programming which includes: project preparation; the installation, programming and maintenance of production and broadcast equipment.
Essential Duties – Technical
- Serve as primary technical point of client contact in post-sale environment.
- Oversees and troubleshoots all aspects of signal flow in the studio broadcast environment. Ensures technical success for all studio broadcasts – internal and external facing.
- Work collaboratively with client and Operations staff to ensure the proper execution and delivery of productions.
- Perform installation, operation maintenance and repair of broadcast and production equipment in studio facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
- Perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical and operational problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
- Program broadcast gear (includes: routers, mixers, CG, GFX, communications, etc.)
- Provide technical reports and general status for each project.
- Maintain knowledge of technology trends, standards, and methodologies along with emerging technologies.
- Responsible for all streaming transmission and related studio equipment such as software and hardware encoders.
- Assists in execution of action items for various internal projects.
Essential Duties – Management
- Maintain and manage studio broadcast equipment.
- Provides consultation to internal customers for upcoming studio shoots.
- Lead employees to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Perform other job-related duties and projects as needed and assigned.
- 5 years of experience in a TV production, preferably in live studio environment
- Education or training in production or computer platforms, IP/IT technologies
- Production support of live and recorded programming requires thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
- Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers)
- Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation, server based playback and transmission systems, etc.)
- Experience with TV associated transmission technologies and systems (encoder, decoder), and streaming.
- Ability to respond and work during nights, holidays or weekends if required
- Occasional travel may be required
- Demonstrated familiarity with production equipment (Audio, video, Signal flow) basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
- Possess manufacturer-provided broadcast training from SONY, Calrec, Omneon/Harmonic, EVERTZ, Imagine, etc.
- SBE CEV, CBTE and/or CEV certification(s)
- Familiarity with Autocad, Vizio and/or MS-Project desired
- Familiarity with ITSM Service Management process desired
- Superior communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with team members, non-technical persons and customers.
- Excellent soldering skills
- Self-motivated & Resourceful – Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems
- Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments
- Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
- Collaborative – able to willingly and freely share knowledge and train staff when necessary.
- Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and push or pull up to 30 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.gravitymedia.com.