OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox CorporationUnder the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Director, System Design to oversee the future of the Fox Network Design group. The role will oversee the the full path of deploying new broadcast projects, from conception to production as well as establish design and drafting standards. The role will assist with planning, scheduling and coordinating activities within the engineering departments to ensure that the system documentation and installation are provided accurately and on time and that the delivered systems meet or exceed client expectations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to the Designers on the team
- Lead Design Reviews with the design engineers and stakeholders of the project
- Monitor Progress of the implementation of a project and estimate completion date of projects
- Project Resource estimation & Capital Planning
- Develop Budget Proposals
- Manage changes to project scope and develop contingency plans
- Create and Manage the Fox Standards documents
- Ensure that systems are designed and documented properly and on time in accordance with FOX’s standards
- Communicate with Design Engineers, Managers and/or Project Managers to resolve design discrepancies or issues
- Keep all stakeholders updated on project status and progress
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 3Level & Role Specific Qualification
- 10+ years of successful experience designing and installing broadcast systems in 24/7 live on-air environments
- Knowledge of System design, installation and commissioning
- Ability to take responsibility and carry out assigned tasks
- Mechanical aptitude and solid knowledge of broadcast infrastructure
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents such as elevation drawings, connection drawings, cable details and run-lists
- Demonstrated self composure and high tolerance for stress and unquestionable integrity
- Ability to work well with others and coach other engineers displaying a supportive attitude
- Available to work overtime, weeknights and/or weekends when required
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong communication Skills
- Ability to work effectively across different projects and manage teams of engineers
- Strong ability to work under tight timeline’s and in a sensitive on-air environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering
- Experience with IP Video & designing large scale network systems
- Cloud storage, compute, and diversity
- Strong knowledge of common collaboration tools, Quip, Salesforce, Smartsheet, and Atlassian products Jira & Confluence
- You can juggle multiple complex project tasks simultaneously
- You understand what it takes to manage a team that works under tight timelines.
- You care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have clear communication with the team on expectations & goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit foxcareers.com.