CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
CBS All Access is a fast-growing streaming platform, offering services across web, mobile, and OTT devices. When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees. This Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content that is streamed on over 15 platforms.
CBS Interactive is seeking an experienced operations director who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital video. This Director, Streaming & Video Operations will oversee a wide range of video related initiatives, with focus on streaming client integrations and international service expansions. The role will report into the Senior Director of Streaming & Video Operations, CBS All Access.
- Lead video initiatives across a growing global streaming portfolio
- Support integrations of video services into streaming applications across globally distributed scrum teams
- Work closely with back end engineers on video related API services
- Monitor and report on quality of service metrics and other relevant video data
- Work closely with Video Product management to design and implement video features
- Lead localization projects and territory specific requirements to support global service expansion
- Stay up to date on the latest in developments across streaming ecosystems
- Additional roles and responsibilities, as assigned
- CBS All Access Streaming service platform
- Content localization
- Video experience analysis and improvements
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Minimum 6 years in a video operations role
- Experience with and strong knowledge of streaming video DRM (Fairplay, PlayReady, Widevine), video formats, encoding and delivery methods
- Strong technical skills – a problem solver with a passion for developing solutions and processes to address complex problems
- Expertise in working with XML and JSON
- Experience with troubleshooting REST API based mobile/OTT applications
- Experience working with large, geographically diverse engineering and product teams
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented and an innovator
- BS degree and/or equivalent experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
To apply for this job please visit viacomcbs.careers.