Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing project technical teams and working with them to design proper systems for live and virtual productions to exceed client expectations and remain within budgets.
- Acting as Production Technical Director on live and virtual projects when necessary.
- Creating production budgets and schedules from client RFPs including all technical elements and staffing needs.
- Creating RFPs for vendors that detail schedules, lighting, audio, video and scenic packages.
- Selecting vendors based on RFPs and budgets.
- Working with the Director of Production Management and with the Resource team to advise on technical staffing for projects including facilitating interviews with potential candidates.
- Working directly with vendors on pricing, system designs, and production logistics.
- Working directly with producers to ensure they understand the abilities and limitations of all technical systems for their shows clearly.
- Managing and maintaining accounts and inventories of digital and physical resources for events (including but not limited to: Streaming licenses, virtual conference tool licenses, recording kits, etc.)
- Cultivating a positive work environment and maintaining a constant awareness of industry trends and technology advances.
- Training technical staff on tools, systems and software required for projects.
- Trouble-shooting technical systems as needed.
- Advising President of Production on capital equipment purchases and maintenance needs.
- Thorough technical understanding of lighting, rigging, audio, video, web-streaming, automation systems and scenic construction.
- Working knowledge of relevant fire-code and life-safety codes for permitting and planning.
- Exceptional VectorWorks skills required. 3D Max/other rendering software preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of technical teams as a manager, 3+ years. Preferred: 5+ years.
- Basic MS Office & iWork skills required.
To apply for this job please visit www.vivacreative.com.