The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQ+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation’s most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
About the Role
- Work for the ABC – your home of Australian stories, conversations and events that shape our nation.
- Join the Technology Support team – providing vital support services to our content makers and audiences.
- Support technologies undergoing transformational change within the media industry.
- Live in Darwin in Australia’s exotic frontier territory – where you can enjoy fresh produce markets that have a myriad of Asian vegetables, cycle through waterfront parks, go fishing for Barra, or go for a short drive to stunning national parks where you can swim in waterfalls.
Our Product & Content Technology group are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter to deliver timely, high quality technical support to ABC users in the Northern Territory. Reporting to the Technology Support Lead, you will provide technical support to minimise down time and ensure broadcast continuity. This role will include;
- Investigating and logging faults and implementing workarounds and emergency fixes.
- Carrying out moderately complex broadcast technical maintenance tasks.
- Performing technical operations as required, including TV Master Control, program links and Outside Broadcasts.
- Supporting minor and major broadcast technical projects by contributing to the scoping, planning, installation and commissioning of broadcast and associated systems as required.
- Building and maintaining proactive relationships with clients, providing high level customer service.
Please note this is a rostered role, and you will be required to work outside regular business hours and on weekends according to a forward rotating roster.
You will have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to be confident in technical support functions. You are a natural at problem solving and are adept in troubleshooting, fault resolution, maintenance, upgrades, installation and operations. You will also have:
- Accomplished communication and interpersonal skills with a strong client focus.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing priorities; and identify and assess client needs and tailor advice to meet those needs.
- Enthusiasm for sharing your knowledge and an attitude of continuous learning.
- Demonstrated understanding of the direction of technical innovation and its application in the broadcast industry.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: PD TECHNOLOGIST NT.pdf
For further information on this position please contact Nathaniel Clarke, Technology Support Lead, at email@example.com
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
To apply for this job please visit careers.abc.net.au.