Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Broadcast Technician in the Ottawa region at Rogers tv.
What you will do…
- As a Broadcast Technician with the Production Engineering team, you will work to support two separate bilingual Rogers tv channels to maintain production facilities, various councils, and mobile production facilities local to the Ottawa region.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting studio and mobile equipment, radio simulcasts, web encoding, nonlinear editing, as well as automation and file sharing system maintenance.
- Develop preventative maintenance plan, schedule and implement same.
- Liaise with the station manager and production staff to respond to their technical issues and priorities.
- Assess faults, prioritize, and report remedies or recommendations.
- Lead and project manage new capital initiatives.
- Recommend, test and install new equipment and systems.
- Support and maintain Rogers tv’s local media related IT systems including servers, network infrastructure, and applications.
- Liaise with internal IT staff to ensure hardware and application compliance with corporate standards and policies as required.
- You will have a chance to use your Engineering talents and knowledge to further expand our ability to get content out to our customers in new and evolving ways.
- In properly maintaining and troubleshooting all related systems, you will allow the production to better perform their functions to provide the best viewer experience possible.
What you will bring…
- A real passion for working with Video/Audio files and streaming
- Deep knowledge of video and audio transcoding
- Knowledge of MPEG2 / MPEG4 / h.264 / h.265 / J2K compression
- Experience with TCP-IP Network Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Asset Management Technology
- In depth knowledge of Windows & Linux OS
- Understanding scheduling automation systems
- Some IPTV and VOD Experience
- Knowledge of technical requirements for Social Media Publishing
- Ability to create system functional diagrams using AutoCAD
- An excellent aptitude for trouble shooting
- A willingness to train production teams to utilize implemented technology
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A trusting team that wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rogers.com.