The Broadcast Systems Engineer is part of our Global Engineering team and focuses on the IT needs and requirements of our media rich organization.
- Deploy and maintain production platforms in a hybrid environment of Windows/Mac/Linux operating systems.
- Create and maintain tools, documentation, and reporting systems for production platforms.
- Maintain backup processes for platforms, applications and data.
- Partner with applicable equipment vendors and internal IT, Network and InfoSec teams to stay ahead and coordinate security updates rollouts, upgrades, EoL hardware, OS and application support.
- Create and maintain best practices of Cyber Security guidelines to ensure an unimpeded, secure and scalable production system environment.
- Partner with event production teams requiring IT assistance, including initial platform setup and upgrades, and troubleshooting of the production system’s and environments IT-related issues.
- User desktop and server farm support.
- At least 5 years of experience in IT support, ideally in fast-paced automated video production environment.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux-based video/audio, automation and asset management systems.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting network and fabric infrastructure for heterogeneous NAS and SAN-based storage platforms used by media rich production systems.
- Experience deploying and administering virtual platforms, VMWare and alike.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and the ability to reprioritize deliverables in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work in San Jose, CA.
- Experience supporting Cisco AMP, Wired Authentication, Enterprise Connect, Webex, AnyConnect and other secure collaboration environments.
- Experience deploying Cisco UCS hardware platform, Cisco Fiber Channel and Network switches and routers.
- A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA, CCNA, MCSE certification.
- Experience supporting and administering Active Directory, Office365, and Acronis.
- Experience setting up and supporting secure file delivery systems like Aspera, Dropbox, Catapult and others.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.