The Broadcast Systems Design Engineer shall design and implement solutions for broadcast,
sports, educational and corporate clients. The Engineer will work closely with the sales staff to
provide both general and specific recommendations on equipment, technologies and
implementation. Upon sale, the Broadcast Engineer shall provide drawings, configuration and
testing of equipment/systems. Alpha places a heavy emphasis on a collaborative work
· Consult with the Sales team to establish customer needs and present solutions to
· Determine client expectations for system functionality through communication with the
sales department and client.
· With the sales department, recommend general and specific solutions to clients.
· Design complete systems for quoting including equipment, parts, consumables and labor.
· Write scopes of work to convey system expectations.
· Respond to bid requests.
· Diagram systems using AutoCAD and Visio .
· Work with a project manager to manage proposals including coordination of installers with
end client and tracking of time and materials.
· Provide technical support to Alpha Video employees and clients in any areas of expertise.
· Research new products to remain current on technology solutions.
· All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
· Up to 30% travel, occasionally on a last-minute basis
· Occasional evening and weekend work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Comprehensive knowledge of system configurations, with an emphasis placed on client
· Comprehensive knowledge of industry best practices.
· Extensive audio design and theory.
· Extensive video design and theory.
· Experience with design of digital signage and IPTV systems.
· RF design and theory
· IT knowledge
· Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical or installation problems.
· Previous employment with an integrator, TV station, or sports facility maintaining or
designing systems infrastructure.
· Experience programming and configuring Harris, Evertz, Ross, Sony, Grass Valley, Panasonic,
JVC, and AJA routers, switchers, cameras, servers, and plant distribution.
· Knowledge of display products and systems.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
To apply for this job please visit alphavideoinc.catsone.com.