Middle East Broadcasting Networks
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Broadcast Systems Architect for our Broadcast Operations Department at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA.
The Broadcast Systems Architect plans and designs MBN broadcast systems (Baseband and IP) end-to-end to include project oversight. You will provide system and component-level planning and design of all broadcast systems.
The Broadcast Systems Architect will oversee in-house integration projects and lead project implementation and deployment
The Broadcast Systems Architect will additionally provide Tier 3 support for fault resolution and root cause analysis. You will document quality standards, reference materials and SOPs.
Candidates are required to have:
- Four-year technical degree (electronics preferred); equivalent education/experience/training may substitute
- Extensive knowledge of digital and IP based television broadcast equipment
- Advanced proficiency with computer systems
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in radio and/or television, including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of broadcast systems
- Previous experience or familiarity with the use of AutoCAD software is desired.
- Knowledge of VizRT Graphic preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and a demonstrated interest in developing new strategies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; sound organizational skills and capable of handling multiple assignments effectively
- Overall understanding of the news and programming production process.
- A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution.
- Knowledge of SMPTE based standards relating to IP Media Transport and Studio IP workflows desirable
- Knowledge of bonded cellular technology and systems preferred
- A commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in broadcast engineering and IT and to the mastery of their craft
- Knowledge of fiber optics as they apply to media transport
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.