OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox CorporationUnder the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Broadcast Project Engineer to work with the Implementation Team to design and commission broadcast systems. This role will also be responsible for the design documentation management and planning of projects.
The role will assist with planning, scheduling and coordinating activities within the Implementation Team to ensure that the system documentation and installation instructions are carried out accurately and on time and that the delivered product meet or exceed client expectations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates configuration and system testing documentation
- Creates or updates system documentation where appropriate
- Follows Fox standards for system design
- Assists in system testing to assure system build integrity
- Manage changes to project design documentation
- Ensure that systems are installed, and documented properly in accordance with FOX’s standards
- Communicate with Managers and/or Project Managers to resolve design discrepancies or issues
- Keep all stakeholders updated on installation progress and identify any risks to project timelines
- Manages technology vendor relationships
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of successful experience supporting broadcast systems in 24/7 live on-air environments
- Strong knowledge of IP video systems including encoding/decoding
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of networking including fiber transport of video
- Mechanical aptitude and solid knowledge of broadcast infrastructure
- Ability to create, read, and interpret construction documents such as elevation drawings, connection drawings, cable details, and run list
- Strong ability to work under tight timeline’s and in a sensitive on-air environment
- Ability to take responsibility and carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Demonstrated self-composure and a high tolerance for stress and unquestionable integrity
- Ability to work well with others and coach other engineers displaying a supportive attitude
- Available to work overtime, weeknights and/or weekends when required
- Strong communication Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit foxcareers.com.