Department of Defense
This position is part of the Defense Media Activity. The incumbent will be responsible for providing analysis, detailed support, technical advice, and assistance regarding AFN Program operations.
As a BROADCAST OPERATIONS SPECIALIST at the GS-1001-12 some of your typical work assignments may include :
- Plan, organize and oversee management of command information products, placement, scheduling and effectiveness on various Program platforms and work with all stakeholders to ensure CI products meet policy considerations.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for regional and station operations and review proposed policies, directives and regulations to ensure uniformity of effort and direction.
- Analyze Program end-to-end workflows and procedures to maximize CI production and insertion across all Program platforms.
- Oversee and manage AFN Program Conditional Access and Content Security measures involved with device and subscription registrations.
Ensure content access is granted in accordance with applicable DoD regulations and AFN policy.
- Identify and analyze problems; weigh relevance and accuracy of information; generate and evaluate alternative solutions;
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service – http : / / www.sss.gov
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Work Schedule : Full Time
- Overtime : Occasionally
- Tour of Duty : Flexible
- Recruitment Incentives : Not Authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) : Exempt
- Financial Disclosure : Not Required
- Telework Eligibility : This position is telework eligible
- Travel is required to accomplish mission tasks.
- Must be able to obtain an official passport.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test screening and periodic testing thereafter, if required.
You may qualify at the GS- 12, if you fulfill the following qualifications :
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service :
- Providing analysis, detailed support, technical advice, and assistance regarding television / radio network operations;
- Ensuring operational requirements are summarized as specific levels of service and are identified. Media products range from video, audio and multimedia elements included for broadcast, web, digital and streaming media platforms.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.
g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) : To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, the veteran must be a preference eligible or a veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs : This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed.
- To receive selection priority for this position, you must : 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position;
Well qualified is defined as possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds the positions minimum qualifications.
and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information : .
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities : For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements :
The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
NOTE : Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
For more information, please visit
Other Notes :
Re-employed Annuitant : This position Does / Does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at :
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement.
If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire.
If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and / or you may be excluded from consideration for this job If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics) :
- Information Management
- Organizational Awareness
Military Spouse Preference : If you are entitled to military spouse preference, in order to receive this preference you must choose the spousal eligibility in your application package referencing MSP Military Spouse Preference.
Your preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. To claim Military Spouse Preference (MSP) please complete the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist, save the document and attach it to your application package. Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS) / Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).
Your complete application includes your COMPLETE resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
The following documents are REQUIRED
1. Your resume :
- Your resume may be submitted in any format. It must include your name and contact information and support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain the number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.
e.,” HRS per week and month / year” or “HRS per week and month / year to present”).
- For additional information see : What to include in your resume.
2. Veteran’s Documents
- If applying using veteran’s preference or under a Veteran’s hiring authority you must submit the following documents :
- DD214 showing character of service, SF-15 Form and VA letter showing final percentage, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty.
PLEASE REVIEW THE BELOW LINK FOR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS needed for proof of eligibility :
https : / / www.dla.mil / Portals / 104 / Documents / Careers / downloads / FourthEstateRequiredSupportingDocumentation%205-4-2020.
- If you are claiming Military Spouse Preference, you must submit supporting documents with your application package. These documents must provide acceptable information to verify : you reside within the commuting area of your sponsor’s permanent duty station (PDS);
- proof of marriage to the active duty sponsor, proof of military member’s active duty status, and other documentation required by the vacancy announcement to which you are applying;
and must meet all pre-employment criteria and be eligible for immediate noncompetitive appointment to a position in the competitive service.
Documentation required : Marriage Certificate or License, Signed Self-Certification Checklist, Veterans’ Preference documentation (e.
g., DD-214, VA Letter, Statement of Service, if applicable), Transcripts (if applicable). Additional documentation required if previously held a federal position : SF-50s (e.
g., LWOP, highest grade held, overseas appointments, etc.), SF-75 Information, and documentation of performance rating of record (dated within the last 12 months)
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
To apply for this job please visit neuvoo.com.